Frugal Fridays - Adjustable Price


While decorating the nursery, I was on the hunt for the perfect side table. It needed to be small enough to fit in between the bed and chair, but big enough for a lamp, clock and drink for me. (I’ll leave the kind of drink to your imagination.) I’d mentally catalogued of a bunch of potential suitors before settling on the West Elm Martini, and this adjustable accent table was one of them. And then, dun dun dun, I actually went to check it out at Design Within Reach. … “does that seriously say $1,150? Uhhh, what dude??” Needless to say, I crossed it off the list. Enter Overstock.com, where I’m convinced I should probably look for accent pieces like this before checking out any other place. Seriously, does anyone else wonder what could be THAT different that charging $1,000 more is justified? Don’t get me wrong, I love me some DWR, but that’s a lot of shoes/handbags/wine. I’m just sayin’.

(Eileen Gray Stainless Steel Accent Table from Overstock.com and Adjustable Table E1027 from Design Within Reach)

Unknown  – (June 3, 2011 at 11:02 AM)  

It's RE-TAR-DED I tell ya. Just reDONKuless! There was a blog post yesterday about little pieces of coral glued to gold stands and they were charging $1700 bucks! The blogger DYI'd them exact for $5 I shit you not~

Unknown  – (June 6, 2011 at 10:30 AM)  

Absolutely love a good deal!

I will say tho this table may not be great when your little one starts trying to walk. They grab onto everything they can find to pull themselves up. Sadly, we had to put our Saarninen tulip side table away for a long while. ;o(

2 by Design  – (June 6, 2011 at 2:52 PM)  

Ugh, Erika, that kills me!! Thankfully I decided against this gem in favor of the West Elm Martini Table, though I have a feeling he'll be able to topple that bad boy, too. Here's to a bigger storage unit!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP