Some Like it Hot







My grandfather was a huge proponent of designing structures around the desert instead of redesigning the desert to accommodate his structures. As a result, the landscape’s colors and textures greatly influenced his décor, and apparently, mine. Believe me, I used to hate the desert. The dirt, the sweat, the coyotes, yada yada. But in my old age I've really come to appreciate its beauty and continuously find myself inspired by the things I used to take for granted. Who knew? Viva la desert!

P.S. Someone remind me of this post in two months when my face is melting off and I’m using my knees to drive because the steering wheel of my car is 2,000 degrees.

Terri  – (April 1, 2010 at 8:52 AM)  

I've followed your blog for a few months, never posted. But your post today made me laugh. I'm an AZ native (although I grew up in a cooler part of the state) and always LOVE the desert in the spring and fall. Not so much in the summer unless I'm in the mountains or poolside.

2 by Design  – (April 1, 2010 at 9:05 AM)  

Terri, thanks for the comment! I'm in the phase right now where I'm excited about the warm weather and poolside parties...and I know I'll regret that excitement in less than two months. Ha!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP