Gimme Shelter








Architect Cary Tamarkin built his home for his family on Shelter Island, New York and I’ve decided I’d like to be adopted. I love how he keeps his lines clean and his décor minimal to instead focus on the natural elements of light, wood and water. I also love a space that doesn’t seem like it’s trying too hard, you know? Kind of like when you spend hours on your makeup to make it seem like you’re not wearing any. These days I’m all about searching for kid-friendly interiors, and with built-in furniture that won’t break and concrete floors that beg to get wet, this house more than fits the bill. Speaking of bills, how much do you think he’d charge for his designs? You know, gotta get my ducks in a row for when I win the Lottery/write a bestseller/score a reality TV gig/sell my soul to the devil.

(images by House Beautiful)

Unknown  – (December 1, 2011 at 10:04 AM)  

Would be perfect in it was 3000 miles in the opposite direction. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP