Blush and Bashful

I don't know about you, but I've never been a huge fan of pink...until recently. Ever since Julia Roberts declared blush and bashful her "signature colors" in Steel Magnolias, the color has reminded me of Pepto. No thanks! Lately, however, I've noticed that I'm warming to it slightly - even using pale pink peonies in my wedding. While I don't think I'll be swapping my favorite black tee for a rose-colored blouse any time soon, I still found the photo of the closet above rather beautiful. I wonder if the owner's house looks anything like this?

(image by Tsilli via the NEO-traditionalist, wire magazine rack at Brook Farm General Store, image via Maggy Moon Interiors, recycled glass vase at Brook Farm General Store, remy pillow at Crate and Barrel, bordeaux large polished nickel tray at Haus Interior, postcards image via The Estate of Things)

Amanda  – (October 20, 2009 at 9:37 AM)  

Yeah, I felt the same way about pink until a few years ago when I really started to get into Victoria's Secret. It may just be underwear and pajamas, but I do own quite a bit of pink now :)

Clair  – (October 20, 2009 at 9:43 AM)  

I never used to like pink either, but have to admit that there are certain tones of it that I swoon over now :)

Mise  – (October 20, 2009 at 11:50 AM)  

And I'm with you there too. I shunned pink for years, dispatching it all disdainfully on the Barbie boat, but now I'm compensating for my vehemence with my delight in various shades of rose and chalk pink. Still no neon, definitely. That closet looks just right for me!

Anonymous –   – (January 18, 2010 at 1:51 AM)  

This is such a pretty collage. Ya I don't dress in pink but pink accents isn't that bad... maybe even hot pink!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP