A Dose of Swedish Style

(picture perfect -a friend's home)



Some of my favorite childhood memories took place on trips with my parents to visit my Swedish family in Stockholm. I loved (and still do) the people, color, styles and architecture. While the city of Stockholm was of course one of the highlights of our vacation, the place I looked forward to visiting most was my aunt's country house. Right on the water, we'd have breakfast on the dock and pick blackberries in the afternoon. These days, several of my cousins also have small cottages on the property making it even more festive, but the simplicity of the place has never changed. It's been a few years since I've been able to make the trip, so I thought an inspiration board might suffice! For today that is.

(the gathering – an original polaroid via Trampoline, natural tree stump side table from West Elm, kaleidoscopic throw - zinnia from Anthropologie, image via Apartment Therapy, alvar aalto vase via Red.House, vintage scandinavian books and factory light sculptures from Jayson Home & Garden, myrica eva bowl from Huset, knot door stop at Haus Interior)

Mise  – (October 2, 2009 at 12:18 PM)  

The fresh orderly look is what I aim to achieve, but seems simply instinctive to the Swedish.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP