Frugal Fridays - Sit On It

A few years ago, I spent several days searching high and low for new counter stools. I ultimately found myself at a design showroom that shall remain nameless; about to spend a ridiculous amount of money on what would ultimately become a pedestal for my purse. (If you saw the size of my purses, you’d understand why they need their own living space.) I realized that not only did I need Lex Luther kind of money to be able to justify that kind of purchase, but that in the end, my purse just didn’t need that kind of pampering. Sigh. And then, dun, dun, dun, I headed to Ikea. There I found nearly the exact same stool, for, well, LESS. This served to be such moment of clarity that I’ve decided to share the wealth. (Pun intended.)

With that I bring you Frugal Fridays! Clever, I know. Every Friday, I’ll bring you at least one great piece to covet, and one you could actually afford to make your own. Because if you’re like me, you’d like to own great furniture and design pieces while still being able to retire someday. Or buy huge purses. Either way, there’s nothin’ wrong with saving a little extra coin.

(marais stool from Design Within Reach, 2 metal counter stools from Overstock.com, knoll bertoia stool and cushion from All Modern, knoll inspired bertoia stool from Inmod, chip barstool from Knoll, sebastian barstool from Ikea)

Angelica Aceves  – (February 12, 2010 at 9:21 PM)  

Clever, clever. Me gusta amiga. LOVE it!

Miss B  – (February 12, 2010 at 10:39 PM)  

Totally LOVED this post! I can't wait for future 'Frugal Friday's' and I think I need a couple stools STAT!

Mitzi Curi  – (February 13, 2010 at 3:23 AM)  

I've been looking for some new stools for our kitchen. This post has opened my eyes a bit. Thanks!

Miss B  – (February 13, 2010 at 12:31 PM)  

Hi lovely, so sorry to hijack your comments I can't find your Flickr account to send you an invite. After reading your profile here it seems we are made for each other! My favorite color is 'clear'! I too love white, white and more white! If you can leave a link at the Blahg I will send it out pronto.

Again, I apologize fro leaving this SOS here.

xo,

Miss B.

Suez  – (February 14, 2010 at 10:10 AM)  

Hello!
I LOVE this column! I'm adding you to my blogroll now, so keep the frugal friday posts coming! ;)
Great idea!
Suze (fellow student at BYW)

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
www.dailysuze.com

Amy  – (February 14, 2010 at 2:58 PM)  

Great idea! Look forward to seeing more.

Cheers from another BYW student!

emily henderson  – (February 15, 2010 at 8:59 AM)  

I just like the word 'stool'. never fails to crack me up. also up there? balls.

Kristin  – (February 15, 2010 at 10:28 AM)  

Very clever idea - love it!
Kristin (BYW student)

Flavia @ Estilo Home  – (February 15, 2010 at 10:47 AM)  

Great post idea! I look forward to seeing more next Friday!
- another fellow BYW classmate, Flavia

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your LIfe  – (February 15, 2010 at 12:10 PM)  

LOVING the idea of Frugal Fridays! I think it makes sense to have options, a lust-worthy piece and one more in your price range!

Anna Fernando  – (February 15, 2010 at 9:18 PM)  

I like your idea of Frugal Fridays. I can't wait to see what next week's finds are.

Anna (another fellow BYW classmate)

http://www.behealthybewellbeinspired.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP