On The Rocks









Last August, my husband and I road-tripped to my family's pad in Sun Valley, Idaho by way of Utah. The landscape was incredible and the thrill of the open road was just what I needed. What I didn't need, however, was the night we spent in a motel just outside of Zion. Obviously the park was allllll kinds of awesome, but this place? Not so much. There was a huge storm that night that soaked the carpet in our room and shook the paper-thin walls. Speaking of walls, let's just say I knew exactly where the tour group next door was heading the following day. But no, they didn't keep me up. The slab of rock called our bed did that job just fine. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a girl who needs 5-stars to be happy. In fact, I've had just as good a time in a Motel 6 as I have in a Ritz (you know what I mean), but one look at the new Amangiri resort has me rethinking my standards. Designed to blend into the Southern Utah landscape, it's a study of both minimalist beauty and full-service luxury. So yeah, while I may gravitate more towards beer and pretzels than champagne and caviar, something tells me I'd be right at home at the Amangiri. Sigh.

(Amangiri luxury resort hotel)

Unknown  – (December 1, 2010 at 10:58 AM)  

Seriously? I can never go here as it is SO UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING I would not want to leave and really might need med's to recover from the transition of here vs. reality.

lisaroy  – (December 1, 2010 at 2:09 PM)  

wow what an incredible place in an equally incredible location! It's a setting so unlike what we've got here in Canada - what a fun getaway that would be. And btw, I'm more of a pretzels person too but hey, if someone wanted to treat me to pretzels at the Ritz, I could probably tolerate it! :)

2 by Design  – (December 1, 2010 at 2:39 PM)  

Ha, you're so right! I'm certainly not turning down pretzels at the Ritz. I wonder if I could dip them in gold...delicious.

Chrissie  – (December 1, 2010 at 4:01 PM)  

Un-freakin-believable. It has been added to my Wish List of places to visit/stay.

BTW - Can I just say how FUN and AWESOME your blog is? L-O-V-E LOVE IT.

mmm-wuah - looking forward to the 18th already!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP