Banishing the Bedroom Blues

My best friend has the most fabulous house in San Diego and she’s looking for a way to reinvent her bedroom. Working with her dark, rich woods, and pale, bluish-gray walls, I tried to bring in elements of coastal living in an understated way. There’s just something about these colors and textures that feels very serene to me. And, I love the unexpected single copper chair. I see it next to the bed, playing host to a pile of great books or a beautiful carafe.

(area pins grey bedding at Design Public, kartell cindy lamp and amanda kavanagh blue wave print at Velocity Art and Design, glacier votives with gold leaf from Cursive Design, thin metal profile frames from Pottery Barn, redsmith dining chair at Anthropologie)

Unknown  – (November 18, 2009 at 2:14 PM)  

Beautiful pairings. Oh and p.s. I NEED that blue wave print. No pressure...

Clair  – (November 18, 2009 at 4:20 PM)  

My first reaction was 'I love it' and then 'Oh, that's the colour of my dining room'. Obviously, I love myself :)

I love the coastal elements that you've brought together though. Stunning.

Jeanne Henriques  – (November 18, 2009 at 6:52 PM)  

Lovely collection. You have managed to capture it perfectly. Great blog. Look forward to following:)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP