Hope

Friends, we need some.

I tend to shy away from posting about current events, partly because I work in news and want some time away, but mostly because I'd like to keep this blog as "light" as possible. The devastating earthquake in Haiti, however, has me rethinking today's priorities. I can't begin to convey the overwhelming sadness I feel at the sight of each new image and story that comes out of this tragedy. There have been several moments when I truly feel myself disintegrating. As a dear friend put it so simply last night, "this world is so small, how can we not band together to help?"

People need food, they need water, they need hope. If you're interested in contributing, here are some small ways to do a lot of good:

P.S. Just discovered sf girl by bay's in-depth list of various artists, blogs and shops holding fundraisers and donating to the relief efforts. Love it.

Amanda  – (January 15, 2010 at 11:36 AM)  

I think it's really good to raise awareness about this terrible disaster, so thanks for telling us about how to help :)

I've passed on a blog award to you, btw! Just look at my post for today :)

Unknown  – (January 15, 2010 at 12:23 PM)  

Love you friend for doing this. I stole it for today's post and hope that others will too! Thank you for being so caring.

Art Wall Katie  – (January 19, 2010 at 9:57 PM)  

Very pretty print and very real post. I'm trying to shy away from the reports, it's doing me no good, but I did text Haiti to 90999 to donate $10. I'm going to do it again, now --come to think of it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP