Suicide by Ceiling Fan


Lights on ceiling fans make me want to die. Seriously, they’re like the bane of my existence. I know they’re functional, but come on people. Oh and by the way, I happen to have one in my bedroom…mostly because I’d rather spend money on more glamorous things right now than well, fans, but trust me, the horror of it all keeps me up at night. Annnnnyway, while floor lamps don’t creep me out nearly as much, they’re a close second. Until, that is, I saw this beauty from Pieces. I’ve fallen for it hard. You see? This is why the ceiling fan continuously haunts my dreams. Stupid ceiling fan.

P.S. I realize that ceiling fans themselves are pretty heinous, but with summers that see 115 degrees, it could be hot pink and glittery and I’d still keep it. Hmmm, maybe not pink.

P.P.S. I think I'd move to Atlanta if for no other reason than to shop at Pieces. And yes, the ceiling fan would come with me.

(area organic duvet cover and shams at Design Public, driftwood mirror at Crate and Barrel, kenzan wallpaper by Romo via Walnut Wallpapers, glass cylinder floor lamp via Pieces, parsons bench from Ballard Designs, mirrored side table from Décor Pad)

Unknown  – (May 20, 2010 at 12:38 PM)  

I know! It sucks. Maybe we can get rid of them and use those floor ones for the summer? At least we can crank the AC and hide those when company comes!! Let's do it! Let's be rebels!

Blog  – (May 20, 2010 at 4:50 PM)  

oh my goodness! i love this.

i'm currently fighting the battle of my life trying to convince my boyfriend that a lighted ceiling fan will ruin my life!!!

i'll be following. love your blog!

Verdigris Vie  – (May 20, 2010 at 4:54 PM)  

You are a blast..:-) beautiful blog, and fun to read ! we are going to get along just fine..;-)

Vie
Off to see more

Anonymous –   – (May 21, 2010 at 5:54 AM)  

I love this look! Great blog...I am so happy I found it!

Velvet Palette  – (May 27, 2010 at 2:30 AM)  

Funny post! :) and totally agree! I hate fans in all kinds but how about one of those $10-20 buck small portable fans you can plug in the wall and hide away when you don't need them... They're just as effective and can spare you the ugliness. Then replace what you have with a cute chandelier and it's a transformation!

Luv your blog!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP