Artistic Endeavors



So yeah, you know my whole obsession with white thing? Well color is giving it a run for its money. I recently commissioned a painting from the AMAZING Michelle Armas, and it makes me so unbelievably happy. I know, I know - orange? Pink? Red?? That’s right, people, I’m branching out and getting all kinds of adventurous. For the time being it’s gracing our bedroom walls, but with the little one on the way I’m thinking it would be beautiful in a nursery. What do you think? Do babies respond positively or negatively to such colors and patterns? Clearly, I have no idea what I’m doing and for the first time ever have someone else in my mix to consider while updating décor. (The hubs is great about letting me do my thing. Thank GOD.) Oh and please, dear God, do not judge me for my disheveled bed and lackluster photos. I can barely dress myself these days. Sigh.

P.S. For the love of all that is holy, you must check out Michelle’s store (and blog for that matter). She is brilliant, inspiring, remarkably talented and quite possibly my favorite new person on the planet. And seriously, don’t even get me started on her work. I’d buy every single piece if I had the wall space. And maybe a few coins to rub together.

lisaroy  – (January 6, 2011 at 9:07 PM)  

I absolutely LOVE it! so cheerful and I'm really starting to embrace the whole bright colour thing! That piece would work anywhere :)

Unknown  – (January 7, 2011 at 10:17 AM)  

you know i love this! great painting & color.

~carol

Unknown  – (January 7, 2011 at 12:49 PM)  

Disheveled bed? Shut your face. It's looks like a cozy cloud.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP