Evaluate Your Vanity


My grandmother's vanity was my very own treasure trove, where each small drawer held some kind of glorious wonder. Buttons the color of the sea, ribbon spun with gold flecks, huge Chanel pearl earrings. And on top, her antique silver pill boxes and hair brushes, always so neatly arranged next to family photos in pewter frames. I remember watching her carefully in the mirror as she applied subtle loose powder and coral lipstick that made her blue eyes even bluer. Considering her morning rituals were a FAR cry from my own, this memory makes me wonder if my grandkids will find me as glamorous as I found her. You know, as I sit perched on the toilet seat in sweats with hot rollers in my hair, applying my "face" using a broken compact mirror from the late 90s. Classy.

P.S. Thoughts on the tin ceiling tile headboard?

(etched glass votives at Beach Dwelling, llanfair blanket from Toast, image via Casa Sugar, parsons vanity from West Elm, elephant stool via Haus Interior)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP