Well Hung







I planned on showing you the art I have adorning my walls today, but in typical Monday fashion my camera is dead. Booooo. (I am, of course, completely blameless for this mishap.) So instead, I thought I'd share a few pieces inspiring me lately. We have a few large paintings by my uncle up, a couple watercolors, and some new photographs I’m kinda obsessed with, but the collection still feels a little incomplete. Alas, the search continues. Sigh.

I’m a longtime fan of lightboxes, and I’m quickly falling for these silkscreened images on balsa wood. I have a feeling, thanks to the show “9 By Design” that lightboxes will now be seen everywhere, but I’m drawn to them nonetheless. And don’t get me started on the Wise Math painting by Michelle Armas. Love, love, LOVE.

So on this Monday I’m wondering…what say you? Do you tend to follow a pattern when it comes to art? Do you lean mostly prints? Paintings? Photographs? Personal or otherwise? Or do you mix it up?

(wise math painting by Michelle Armas, jefdesigns Sea Fan Limited Edition Lightbox Painting at Design Public, stallion on balsa wood by Ross Menuez from Areaware, cloudscape on balsa wood by Ross Menuez from Areaware, hand printed posters by Hable Construction, blue series paintings at Haus Interior)

Unknown  – (June 7, 2010 at 12:41 PM)  

Well hung...hahahahahaha. Get your mind outa gutter missy! can't wait to see the pieces.

Joyful Imperfection  – (June 10, 2010 at 11:16 AM)  

I want to be inspired. Here is my dilemma.

http://joyfulimperfection.blogspot.com/2010/06/bedroom-spruce-up.html

I feel like the right piece of art can totally bring the room together, not sure I've found it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP