Frugal Fridays - Deskercise Your Right to Save


I'm able to justify the purchase of certain items by calculating the CPU, otherwise known as "Cost Per Use." The conversation with myself goes something like this: "Hmmm, this purse is $300. That's a lot. But really, I'm going to use it every day for the next year which means it's actually going to cost me less than $1 a day. Hell, I'm saving money!" Done and done. That's kind of how I feel about this desk. You see, the more beautiful a desk, the more likely I am to sit at it. The more I sit at my desk, the more money I make. Therefore, it's an investment with a guaranteed return. Not to mention I’d already be saving $1,301 by purchasing the Z. Gallerie desk over the Jonathan Adler. So when you think about it, I'd actually be losing money if I didn't buy it. (Er, something.) Phew, glad I dodged that bullet!

And so concludes today’s class. Now friends, go forth and utilize this knowledge with confidence during your weekend shopping pursuits! If anyone’s looking for me, I’ll be the girl with a full cart at Target, air-writing equations during checkout.

(white lacquer channing desk by Jonathan Adler, white lacquer jett desk from Z. Gallerie)

Unknown  – (June 4, 2010 at 10:50 AM)  

Does this mean the old desk will be up for grabs? You can just add it to the bags of goodies you give me every month.

Sarah  – (June 4, 2010 at 12:54 PM)  

I do the same thing all the time! CPU is something that has saved me so much money over the years. Pity I don't have any of that money, as it is re-invested in other items bought because of the amazing CPU... Love the desk and love your blog.

2 by Design  – (June 4, 2010 at 1:23 PM)  

Sorry Jen, this was just an example. Desk is staying! Patio furniture on the other hand? Rigggght.

Sarah, I'm so glad we're both so spendy, er, savvy!

Kate  – (June 5, 2010 at 10:40 AM)  

am liking this theory, I'll put it to good use and report back! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP