All Hail the Porcelain God


Isabelle Abramson is a self-taught artist who makes some of the most beautiful porcelain bowls and vases I have ever seen. Maybe it's her use of negative space I find interesting, or the draw of silver, gold and platinum she incorporates. Whatever the reason, her work is all kinds of amazing and it happens to be the primary focus of my new mission. Like a trained assassin, I have her bowls in my sights and it's only a matter of time before I pull the trigger. Granted, it could be a LONG time (breathe easy, Husband), but I vow not to rest until my mission is complete! (You know, it just occurred to me that in the wrong hands my Sniper-like precision and Samurai-esque dedication could be used for evil. But I digress.) All that to say, Isabelle Abramson's ceramics rock the house and inspired today's board. The end.

And you thought this was just a post dedicated to toilets.

(vintage French sign at Jayson Home and Garden, art deco ashtray at Kraft furniture, white porcelain lace fruit bowl by Isabella Abramson, arctic pear chandelier medium from Ochre,
fretwork cabinet at Pieces)

Elizabeth  – (June 3, 2010 at 2:23 PM)  

Excellent post- I'm relieved it wasn't about toilets. :)

The lacy bowl is a stunner! I have just the spot for one of those in my dining room...

Also, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's fond of the pear chandelier. As soon as Target comes out with an acrylic knock-off, I'm all over it.

2 by Design  – (June 3, 2010 at 4:28 PM)  

Ohhhhhh, an acrylic pear chandelier...GLORIOUS.

Leigha  – (June 4, 2010 at 9:42 AM)  

Oh, gorgeous! I am brand new to your blog. I can tell from the header alone that I am in luck. Cannot wait to explore your blog...

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP