Sick of the Slick


(print by Flapper Doodle for Help the Gulf Coast)

Friends, today I have a confession. The lighthearted dialogue and easy-going images I usually like to feature just aren’t really doin’ it for me right now. You see, while I so wish I could name blogging as my profession, it’s actually my job in media that pays the bills. Media that necessitates I watch every heart-wrenching image of the gut-wrenching Gulf Oil spill/catastrophe on hundreds of TVs. All. Day. Long. I am exhausted. I am disgusted. I am filled with anger. I am saddened beyond belief. More than anything, I feel I am helpless.

While I could bore you to tears with stories I’ve read, videos I’ve seen and opinions I’ve formed, I’m not going to. What I AM going to do is point you in the direction of the Help the Gulf Coast collective Etsy shop that has been formed. Sellers have donated tons of items, from art to jewelry to housewares, and 100% of the proceeds are going straight to Oxfam. They’ve already given $500 and well, I just couldn’t think of anything more important to share with you today. Personally, I’m thinking of picking up the adorable print above. Because well, I’d love to hug a pelican today, or at least feel a little less helpless.

Unknown  – (June 11, 2010 at 11:30 AM)  

It's BEYOND awful. I wish I could quit my life and go help. I hate this world sometimes. I really do. Thanks for the opportunity to help in some way.
xoxoxoxox

Emily Henderson  – (June 11, 2010 at 4:30 PM)  

yep. it totally totally totally sucks. worthy post for a worthy cause.
xo

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP