Two-Faced Taste






I have a confession. Obviously I love me some modern/mid-century decor, but I have another side too. I'm drawn to French interiors. There, I said it. Spending a few years in England as a kid and traveling back and forth to France had a huge impact on me, and like a creepy ex, it's an obsession I just can't seem to shake. Even my mother is a secret Francophile. Sure, she grew up in a glass house with concrete floors and has great Eames pieces in her current abode, but one peek into "garage storage" reveals everything from dried lavender to antique riding-boot molds. (Seriously.) Now that I have the chance to decorate a new space for our new little addition, I'm a hot mess. Do I go sweet or fun? Colorful or muted? Brand new or repurposed? Sigh. I'm thinking I'll find middle-ground at some point, but if you see a picture of my future child in one of my dresser drawers, it's time to stage an intervention.

(modern and french nursery images via Style Files. Image with branch above crib from Remodelista)

Linda [the young curator]  – (March 4, 2011 at 10:27 AM)  

how fitting for the author of a blog called "2 by design" ;]

and i love the nursery in the first 4 pictures. when i have a kid in the future, i know i'll for sure be exhausted half the time in the nursery, so bright white walls and fun pops of color would be a great way to keep me going!

jandjhome  – (March 4, 2011 at 3:45 PM)  

Why not mix all the things you love from your inspiration and make your nursery. Could be really unique.

2 by Design  – (March 4, 2011 at 4:16 PM)  

jandj - that's what I'm thinking. I just have to figure out which pieces work well together!

Linda - I'm so glad you said that. I have this big, beautiful SUPER colorful painting that I've been torn about using. I think you just helped me make the decision!

lisaroy  – (March 5, 2011 at 2:00 PM)  

I'm the same way when it comes to styles- love the seaside hamptons look but also the industrial thing and French just never gets old with me. To me the key us to find a way to combine a bit of everything so it works together and gives the space personality. :)

Melissa Hare  – (March 6, 2011 at 7:10 PM)  

Love that blue lantern! Glad to have found your blog :) It's so pretty!

Melissa
www.melissahare.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP