Mama Mia




Considering I'm only a week away (we hope) from people taking ungodly photos of me in various gowned, moaning, groaning and pushing action shots, I thought it only right to post one of my mom in the same, ahem, position. Oh, and another in her super cool maternity wear. (She'll be thrilled to discover I was wearing nearly identical pants yesterday.) My dad sent these shots to me today and I was SHOCKED that I'd never seen them before. I honestly don't know what I love more...that my mom is rocking blue eyeshadow or that she brought her own retro pillow to the party. Also, please note the lips. Did you know that in addition to ballooning bums and boobs, pregnancy can also give you bee-stung smackers?? I did not, but I can assure you that I do now. The hubs has taken to calling me Thick Lips if that's any indication of what's going on up in here. And while YOU may not think my mom's lips justify a Jolie moment, just ask her collection of lip liners, glosses, and chapsticks - we are a normally thin-lipped crew, to be sure. I've always aspired to be like my mom, so I was thrilled to see the curse of the giant kisser is nothing more than a little case of "like mother like daughter." My new question, however, is whether it will be "like mother like son" with the birth of our baby boy? Because let's be real...I look PISSED in that last photo. Oye.

Karla@TheClassyWoman  – (June 24, 2011 at 9:17 AM)  

Great photos, loving that retro pillow! Actually I got a great tip for the future from Sherry@YoungHouseLove. When she gave birth to her daughter she brought her own beautiful, bright floral pillowcase and it really added something special to the pics since the rest of the background is dull hospital decor. I plan to do the same one day. Enjoy your final days before the baby comes! :)

2 by Design  – (June 24, 2011 at 9:31 AM)  

Thanks, Karla! And you know, that pillowcase trick makes a LOT of sense. Now if only I can find one that isn't white! Eeeek.

Unknown  – (June 24, 2011 at 9:53 AM)  

OMG these are CLASSIC!!!!!!!! She's going to die if she ever see's you did this! Hahahahahahahah. Look at you all pissy already!! Was it a Tuesday? ;)

Unknown  – (June 24, 2011 at 8:23 PM)  

Just stumbled across your blog... what a cute post! My daughter is 7 months pregnant with her first and my first grandchild... a GIRL ;)
This made me smile!

Noe @ ADELLA AVENUE  – (June 25, 2011 at 7:18 AM)  

Love these photos! Hope all goes wonderfully for you and your new little family member.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP