Who I Am Today


I am tired. I have a child whom, for whatever reason, suddenly doesn't feel like sleeping more than an hour at a time. I'm back in the office, facing 2-hour commutes, 3-hour meetings and impossible deadlines. I'm exhausted just getting dressed in the morning, let alone trying to juggle my work, my family and my friends. I'm overwhelmed with guilt some days while walking out the door...desperately trying to become a mother who works and not a working mother. I am the wife of a man who was laid off right before our baby was born and one-half of a couple in the midst of reevaluating priorities and responsibilities. I am trying to be thankful for his time with our son instead of jealous at my lack thereof. I am trying not to give myself a heart-attack and MS episode all at once. I am not as focused on happy hours, relaxing getaways, fabulous handbags and daily blog posts. I am dedicated to the happiness of a tiny little person, a loving relationship with my husband, combating my insurance company, and figuring out how to support our family while not working for The Man. I am trying to remember to breathe. I am terrified I will forget how. And then, in an instant, I am reading THIS article...

I am blessed. I am blessed. I am so very blessed.

(photo by Vivienne Ward)

Unknown  – (October 22, 2011 at 3:19 PM)  

I miss your face Miss EM. Keep your head up and post more pics of that adorable little one of yours (when you get time) :)

♥ D-Fry

P.S. Be my blog friend - I started one up. www.dianafry.com

2 by Design  – (October 22, 2011 at 6:37 PM)  

Miss you, too, pretty lady!!! And seriously, 'bout TIME you get your own blog. Woot!!!

Unknown  – (October 24, 2011 at 11:30 AM)  

Uhggg. I recall that first year with a new baby and yes, it's all kinds of insanity. Hang in there. I promise you it gets better and things DO get back to a normal pace. A "new normal" but doable I SWEAR!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP