A Tale of Two Hats

38 years ago today, my parents were married in Palm Springs at my grandparent's home. My mom wore a gorgeous silk organza dress made by my grandmother, and my dad rocked a handlebar mustache like it was his job. They were introduced by friends, and what ensued was a love affair rooted in travel, laughter, and great design. The running joke is that my dad taught my mom to read a map, and my mom taught my dad how to dress, how to decorate, how to entertain, and well, everything else outside of geography. This photo was taken on their honeymoon in Hawaii, clearly before class was in session. (SWEET hat, Dad.) The moral of the story, you ask? Today is my parents' anniversary and they're kinda the coolest peeps I know, so I thought I'd celebrate it...by totally humiliating them with this pic! I know, I know, I'm a great daughter.

Happy anniversary, Mom and Dad. Thanks for teaching ME everything I needed to know about life and love and well, everything. I love you guys. (And your rad attire.)

Unknown  – (May 27, 2010 at 10:34 AM)  

OMG! I don't know what I love more. Them? Or all that fab terrycloth action!!! What a great pic.

hip hip gin gin  – (May 27, 2010 at 12:32 PM)  

Oh my gosh, this picture is just about the sweetest thing! Lovely little tribute to your awesome sounding parents, hope they have a very happy anniversary!

Angelica Aceves  – (May 28, 2010 at 11:29 AM)  

LOVE LOVE LOVE this entry. Great tribute to the folks!

Unknown  – (May 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM)  

Ha.Ha.Ha. What a sweet post! We, of course, disavow all responsibility for the terrycloth hat. It must have been photoshopped. Otherwise, how does one explain the excursion into the dark side of haute couture? Dad

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP