In Living Color







Brace yourself – some days I feel sick of white. What?? I know! It must be the moon or alignment of stars, but I’ll admit it does happen. The problem is color just never truly seems to work in my mix. For example, anyone who knows me would have a stroke if I A.) ever rocked a red shirt or B.) ever put a red patterned pillow on my couch. It just doesn't FEEL right, or at all like me for that matter. Aside from the fact that bright colors wash out my pale hair and skin, there’s just something “off” as my mom would say. Sigh. Well today, consider me off my game as I throw caution to the wind with some colorful images I’m loving lately. I know, I know, I'm very rebellious.

(painting by Michelle Armas, image via Visual Notes, image via Lolita, photographs by Sebastiaan Bremer)

Unknown  – (November 10, 2010 at 10:22 AM)  

Ewwwwww!!! Red- Elch! I can't even stomach red at Xmas time!! All other color seems fine though. Wait- Except burgundy. NO BURGUNDY EVER.

Michelle  – (November 10, 2010 at 7:42 PM)  

Wohoo, COLOR! I am like a pumped up high school jock of color. You know, a big neck, a bit of spittle, those old fashioned wresting uniforms (ewwww)...Red face, screaming COLOR COLOR COLOR...until I have a coronary on the field...ok, enough color fantasy, I don't want to play anymore.

bon bon  – (November 14, 2010 at 10:29 PM)  

the bottom two photos are just amazing.

Charlotta Ward  – (November 16, 2010 at 4:28 PM)  

Despite my Swedish DNA that is programmed with an innate love (read: 'craving') for white, light and neutral decor, I too have the occasional fling with colour. Especially since moving to Sydney where tropical Summers loosen up the most rigid of Swedes. Here it feel completely natural to splash the colours of tropical fruit and the ocean around the house and wardrobe. Would rarely happen if I lived in Stockholm.. :)

xx Charlotta

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP