Letting Go


Happy 2011, peeps! How was your holiday? Filled with fun, food, family and friends I hope. Hard to believe it's already over, isn't it?? Good thing I have the extra 5 lbs. I gained to remember it all by. What can I say? When you've got a mother-in-law who cooks up a storm and an actual snowstorm to boot, you just kind of hunker down, hibernate and eat like it's your job. Deep dish pizza, homemade lasagna and meatballs, every pasta you could possibly imagine...the list goes on and on. Unlike my metabolism, but I digress.


On the plane ride home I was reading an article about starting over in the New Year and what it meant to the author. She likened it to, "breaking new ground." Doesn't that just sound more refreshing than, "making resolutions"? Maybe it stuck with me so much because I am, in fact, breaking new ground in 2011. You see, I'm pregnant. That's right, pregnant!! 14 weeks to be exact, and the hubs and I couldn't be happier.

Last year around this time I vowed to live and let go. Let go of continuously worrying about things that were out of my control including my MS, having a child and the actions of others. Yes, losing vision in my left eye blows, suffering a miscarriage last fall was heart-wrenching, but I knew I couldn't control any of it. Instead, I focused on the things I could, like breaking some habits to lessen my symptoms, opening my mind to acupuncture to increase fertility, and fostering the deeply meaningful relationships in my life. What has come of it is a renewed sense of faith in myself, in the power of optimism and in the magic of the every day. So this year, I plan to let go of even more and open myself up to new possibilities. I want to get rid of "stuff" that's taking up space (both physically and metaphorically), stop trying to dictate the direction and future of this blog, and hopefully learn how to be the best mom I can. I realize I'll be presented with challenges along the way, but I think that's just part of the process, and frankly, I'm looking forward to every second of it.

So friends as we kick off 2011, I wish you everything YOU wish for. From love to success to health and happiness, I look forward to taking this journey together and sharing our experiences along the way. Here's to breaking new ground...and the beauty of letting go.

(image from nothing but flowers)

Unknown  – (January 3, 2011 at 11:54 AM)  

Yay!!! Yay-yay-yay!! Can't wait to be part of it all. The baby, the de-cluttering, the baby, the yard sales, the baby, the Goodwill Donation Center, the baby...Wait, this actually sucks for my "getting rid of STUFF" plans as you always get rid of shit that I want!!!

lisaroy  – (January 3, 2011 at 1:59 PM)  

great post! and my warmest congrats to you!
Much of what you said rings true to me - I have to learn to just let go and focus on the positive (that means letting go of things and people that bring negativity into my life). It's never easy but life isn't about easy - it's about being happy with the ones you love. :)

Anonymous –   – (January 3, 2011 at 5:48 PM)  

Congratulations. Much happiness and new paths in 2011!

anita  – (January 4, 2011 at 5:53 AM)  

All the best to you!! Baby news is the best news -- thanks for sharing.

I love this bit you wrote: "stop trying to dictate the direction and future of" ______ (I can fill in that blank with many things!!)

Greg and Michelle  – (January 5, 2011 at 2:54 PM)  

I'll be reading this over and over to remind myself of all there is to look forward to. Beautiful words!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP