Saturday, I Showered












Today I am so full of love. My best friend of 25 years came to town this weekend to throw me the sweetest baby shower in the history of baby showers, and I am still overwhelmed with joy thinking about it. Held at my parents' beautiful home, there were thoughtful touches around every corner and teary eyes (mine of course) every other minute. Nobody endured games about diapers or over the top themes, just enjoyed subtle moments full of sunshine, happiness and lots of delicious food. There were photos from my childhood above the fireplace, and fresh spring flowers in every room. My nearest and dearest hung words of love and encouragement from a beautiful branch, all of which are now hanging from a silk ribbon on the nursery door.

Two fabulous girlfriends took unbelievable photos while another provided the incredible food - despite the gourmet spread it's only her "hobby" and she swears it took no time at all. (Sure.) And when all the fun was over and wrapping paper was everywhere, my bf asked that everyone take a candle home...to light when I go into labor.

Thank you, dear friends and family, for showering me with one of my happiest days. I have never felt more blessed, more loved, or more thankful for you in my life. And on that note, I need to grab a tissue.

Gloria  – (April 4, 2011 at 2:32 PM)  

Congratulations on your baby-to-be! And what a GORGEOUS baby shower! Oh, I wish you would have elaborated on what the food/goodies were! Everything looked delicious. And what presents did you get? That's another post for you to do... take photos of all of your lovely baby gifts. :)
Best,
Gloria

Unknown  – (April 5, 2011 at 7:01 AM)  

Yes! Please elaborate and share more pics! Especially the details of the one great gift that has "butter" in the name and you don't use it on toast. Ha!

2 by Design  – (April 5, 2011 at 9:40 AM)  

Hahahahahaha, wait, that's not for toast??

Gloria, I promise to share some more pics tomorrow! The food should really have it's own post...it's only fair.

Michelle  – (April 5, 2011 at 2:01 PM)  

Oh how sweet! TOTALLY your style too, she must be one wonderful friend. Lucky both of you :)

Noe @ ADELLA AVENUE  – (April 5, 2011 at 4:20 PM)  

This looks like such an amazing party and its clear you have friends that love you (love you with style, no less!). Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful pictures and all the best for your new baby, too!

-xx Noe ADELLA AVENUE

Betty has Gone Local!  – (April 6, 2011 at 8:28 AM)  

It was such a wonderful afternoon. So elgant and simple! Congrats sweets! And enjoy the gifts!

Chrissie  – (April 19, 2011 at 12:24 PM)  

I seriously need another one of those cupcakes. Those were DELISH!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP