Blogging Your Way - Starring Me

I'm crazy obsessed with interiors. I'm talkin' soft restraints in home decor stores kind of crazy. I started this blog as an outlet for such insanity, and hopefully as a way to offer inspiration to those who share my, ahem, issue. I love putting together mood boards based on differing rooms, tastes, atmospheres, etc., and as a result, they dominate my blog. What I've come to realize, however, is that I rarely put together my own boards. Sure, my style shines through in each of them in some way, but I've yet to create one based on something truly personal. Well friends, welcome to today's post. I'm taking a class with Holly Becker over on Decor8 called Blogging Your Way, and she's challenged us to develop a board rooted in our ideas, loves and interests. Shockingly, it proved to be very difficult!

The goal is to try and figure out the direction in which I'd like to take this blog, how I might like it to look and the things I'd like to discuss. Clearly, it's kind of all over the place. Initially, I thought it might end up being all white, with simple type treatments and clean lines. While it seemed headed that way, it didn't feel complete until I added more colors I'm drawn to, more images I love and more sentiments that move me. Before I knew it, I had a board that consisted of much more than just my board. I worried about it being out of the lines, beyond the scope of the assignment, but what I now see is that those are the things I love about it. It's a little "desert" with a dash of "Swede," a tad "thoughtful" sprinkled with "cheeky." When it comes down to it, this board embodies everything I want my blog to reflect. It embodies who I am at the core. So bring on the crazy I say! Sans restraints, of course.

(the details)




















Eliza Lynn Tobin  – (February 7, 2010 at 3:47 PM)  

Hello! I'm coming over from the BYW class, boppin' around the net seeing people's inspiration boards! It's so fun! I love what you've done with yours...so many layers and details to get lost in! I love the saying at the end "when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing"....so true! thanks for sharing!

joanna of simple blueprint  – (February 7, 2010 at 3:54 PM)  

like your board! very cute. and love love the "beacuse when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing! I think i need to print it! Have it at my desk so on ruff days I can remind myself to look around. I will post my boards tomorrow evening. I worked on them today. I look forward to getting to know your blog a little more.

frauheuberg  – (February 7, 2010 at 3:54 PM)  

love this quote...thats so right...and i can see it in your board...you love what you do...so fine to see...;)...

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life  – (February 8, 2010 at 8:32 AM)  

I need to take pictures of my board tonight! I LOVE that framed quote!

Unknown  – (February 8, 2010 at 12:08 PM)  

So awesome! I love the personal photos the best. Really goes with your unique and genuine style.

Miss B  – (February 8, 2010 at 12:45 PM)  

Ye s agreed well done, I especially love all your detail shots!

DesignTies  – (February 8, 2010 at 5:29 PM)  

I thought it was very interesting that you THOUGHT you'd build a mostly white board but then found yourself bluring your own self-defined lines... it really says something about you/the world (i.e., each of us), don't you think? There's comfort in what we know, but we're up to - and even desire - the challenge associated with something new. Great board!!

I've been keeping my blogging head low these days and so missed the lessons going on over at Decor8... I'm heading over there now to check out what's going on! ;-)

Victoria @ DesignTies

Piper  – (February 9, 2010 at 3:25 PM)  

It's been so great seeing everyone's boards. Yours is so vibrant and full of life. I love that you added the flip flops :) The quote is perfect...I need to remember that more :)

2 by Design  – (February 9, 2010 at 4:11 PM)  

Design Ties, I totally agree! It's funny what truly inspires us, and how those things change from day to day and mood to mood. I have no doubt that when I tackle this exercise again in the future, it will be something completely new. But, that's part of the fun, right? Otherwise, I'd surely find myself a new resident of snoozeville. No thanks!

The Design Boards  – (February 9, 2010 at 4:38 PM)  

Love your inspiration boards!!! Very colorful and inspiring!

Kristi  – (February 11, 2010 at 6:29 PM)  

Hi! I too am taking the BYW class. I love your inspiration board...especially the quote...beautiful!

Leslie  – (February 21, 2010 at 10:22 PM)  

Hi Erika, you can really tell you have a sophisticated eye for interiors and what you are drawn to. I really, really like your collection of images. I too have a thing for desert architecture and white!
Great close up shots too -I stared at them all. thank you.

2 by Design  – (February 22, 2010 at 9:08 AM)  

Thanks so much, Leslie! That means a lot coming from you :)

Also, I've been meaning to tell you how obsessed I am with your new header. It's just beautiful.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP