Underground Style

Sadly, I don’t live in a place where great importance is placed on public transportation. As a result, I spend two hours of my day sitting alone in my car in hideous traffic. Not exactly awesome for the environment, or my sanity for that matter. To compensate for my commute and city’s lack of resources, I think a little “subway art” is in order. No, not THAT kind of art thank you very much. I’m talkin’ about signs. Subway signs in cool fonts featuring cities I am far, far away from. Cities with cool names including “park” or “beach.” Cities with better transportation. Not that I’m bitter. Happy Monday. Grrrr.

(leaning borghese mirror from Z Gallerie, rosette quilt via Anthropologie, claude modular collection from Jonathan Adler, photo styled by glen proebstel via decor8, medallion jewelry boxes at West Elm, los angeles trolley subway sign via eBay)

Unknown  – (February 22, 2010 at 11:58 AM)  

UHHHGGGG. I LOVE this board!!! Those cities are all my old hoods! Those paisley sheets with the gray duvet? D-Y-I-N-G!!!! The dresser? AMAZING.

Anonymous –   – (February 22, 2010 at 1:08 PM)  

I love that subway sign set. I just saw several different ones on a site called subwaysigns.com. Too cool.

The brass Petal  – (February 22, 2010 at 4:16 PM)  

wait where do you live? the '2 hour commute' leads me to believe that you are in the city of angels. are you? wtf. i like your mood board, btdubs.
e

Unknown  – (February 23, 2010 at 11:23 AM)  

Your comment in the forum today was too cute and made me laugh! I can relate as I have a love for reality tv and coffee :) nice meeting you!

2 by Design  – (February 23, 2010 at 12:52 PM)  

Ha, Marie I'm so glad you get it! Sadly, I can't see your profile so I'm not sure which blog is yours :(

Marie  – (February 23, 2010 at 2:05 PM)  

That's so weird! Hmm..hope it works now. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog! Let's keep in touch!

one sydney road  – (February 23, 2010 at 4:28 PM)  

Okay, I love this board...especially since it has the cool subway signs which have been an obsession of mine for the past year along with my newest - that cool console....love it!!!

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life  – (February 23, 2010 at 8:02 PM)  

LOVE this board BUT LOVEEEEE the new 2 By Design Blog header more! Love the Byline. LOVE it all! GORGEOUS!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP