Oh Happy Day


(image by Elgarboart)
Happy 32nd birthday to my oldest and dearest friend!! I like to call out her age because for the next three months we are the saaaame. See, usually she prides herself on being younger to get me back for the times I tortured her about A.) getting my license first, and B.) turning 21 first. Something that has of course backfired as we've gotten older. Bah. It's hard to believe, but we've been best friends for 25 years. Both only kids, we always say we were destined to meet and have become more like family than friends. Despite being separated by state lines, we still talk once a day and she continues to be my go-to for just about everything. I wish, though, that we were celebrating together today. I'd love to live down the street again so I could bake her a cake and sing her a ridiculous song. So we could have cocktails too early in the afternoon and laugh long into the night. So I could toast her, honor her and tell her in person that she has been a source of strength during the two most difficult years of my life...even when she hasn't realized it. Stupid distance. Good thing I have no problem pouring a cocktail and calling her for happy hour. Until then, happy birthday, best friend. I hope you have as fabulous a day as you deserve. (Mark, I'm talking to you.)

Michelle  – (September 23, 2010 at 7:52 AM)  

Awww, so sweet. I just hung out with my oldest friend earlier this week, it is fun to go so far back with someone. She must be pretty cool to get to be your friend!

2 by Design  – (September 23, 2010 at 12:32 PM)  

Hahahahah, Michelle, you're too funny! Sadly, I think she may be FAR cooler than me. Bah.

Unknown  – (September 23, 2010 at 1:09 PM)  

She's only slighty cooler cuz she lives close to the beach and has a sweet yellow lab. There's still hope for you.

Anonymous –   – (September 24, 2010 at 8:51 AM)  

Wishing you a fabulous weekend and a happy birthday to your dear friend. Enjoy your weekend!

2 by Design  – (September 24, 2010 at 9:17 AM)  

Muvement - thanks so much and same to you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP