Dun, dun, duuun...









The big reveal! Not as exciting as say, the unveiling of Project Runway’s winner, or even the Real Housewives of Jersey reunion (seriously, did you see it? Hot. Mess.), but a big reveal nonetheless. Ugly couch is out and clean-lined classic sofa is in. Pretty much every piece of furniture in the living room is repurposed. We covered the sofa in the underside of a blue linen fabric because the texture rocks, and the club chairs once belonged to my parents. * In fact, there’s white wicker somewhere under the ottoman. Gag. The chair under the window is my fave, as it used to live in my grandfather’s office of his architecture firm. I can remember curling up on it as a kid to watch him sketch. Of course, back then it was bright orange, but the memory remains the same. I don’t think anyone realized how beautiful it was, so I’ve always felt like I scored when I inherited it – in more ways than one, obviously. I also love the white lacquer cube that our TV sits on. It graced my mom's San Fran studio in her John Wheatman days and I think it's as great now as it was 35 years ago. The coffee table is vintage Paul McCobb, the acrylic and glass bar cart is courtesy of Craigslist, the porcelain acorns and giant strawberry are “on the road” finds, and the Wegner chairs were purchased for a steal at a local sale. Let’s see, what else…Oh, I also included pics of the spare bedroom, mostly so you could see the new light fixture. (Also a Craigslist find). Though not quite at home in the condo just yet, the room is still a work in progress and I have hope. The photo over the bed is new too, thanks to a shot I took in Mexico and had Kodak Gallery blow up and make metallic. And lastly, I’m showing you my row of old-school family photos, just because. I’m a firm believer that a home should be filled with everything you love, and well, I love each and every one of those pictures.

Deep breath. Okay, that’s a lot of talky for one day and I hope you’re not bored out of your head. If I lost you, come back tomorrow for some Frugal Friday fun, AND a great giveaway. Brew ya.

*Please don't judge me for my sad Ikea throw pillows. I have new ones in the works but the room needed some color in the interim. Duh.

Unknown  – (September 9, 2010 at 10:55 AM)  

You shut your face! Boring? Please! It's gorgeous!!! Talent my love- you have some for sure. Enjoy- I know you've been gnashing your teeth to get that couch in there! Congrats on a vision well executed.

Michelle  – (September 9, 2010 at 12:09 PM)  

Holly Freaking Hell! OMG! It is soo beautiful, I can't stand it! I love the glass and lucite, the colors, soo peaceful but...how did you think of these? I mean, I would never have been able to make this room happen like this, so much texture, and interest and so beautiful proportioned, with no patterns! The whole thing is like a restful, abstract saying in the breeze. Ahh, girl, you have talent, real talent. We have the same little plant too :)

2 by Design  – (September 9, 2010 at 12:20 PM)  

Awww, thanks girls! Michelle, I grew up in a house of white (seriously, it was nutty) so yeah, I have a weird thing about patterns. While I LOVE them, I tend to gravitate more towards patterns in texture. Who knows, I think I'm probably a tad batty. Let's ask my future children how much they like plastic over the chairs, shall we?

nelya  – (September 9, 2010 at 12:22 PM)  

So glad to have come upon your blog today. You have a lovely home. I'm smitten with the fabric on your sofa, and I love, love, love the fabulous lucite cart, but I have to say the vintage chair from your grandfather is a knock out!

anita  – (September 9, 2010 at 4:06 PM)  

it is all so creamy and calm! love!!

Julie Holloway  – (September 9, 2010 at 7:08 PM)  

girl....you are so talented. I wanted to know what magazine this is from and it's your home!! love it

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP