The DNA of Good Decor






Okay friends, here it is. The house I grew up in, the space that started it all. I know my parents are going to kill me - for sharing these and for not allowing them to properly stage - but seriously, how could I NOT post pics of their pad?? Please forgive the lighting as clearly these were taken on the, ahem, sly. Oh and the dining area in the kitchen; we'd had a party for my husband's b-day the night before. I can assure you, however, that under normal circumstances you would never find a shoe sitting anywhere but the closet. Anyhoo, my mom is an incredible designer, working once upon a time for John Wheatman, Steve Chase and Arthur Elrod himself (yes, Arthur Elrod of the Lautner house where she spent many moments). Back in the day she helped decorate Farrah's house and Cher's digs, and honed her skills from Palm Springs to San Francisco. I covet everything she's done with this house (and she's done A LOT, trust me) and everything she owns and am honored when she asks for my opinion. Check out her vintage dining table and new chairs from Kartell, for example. Uh, yes please! I keep trying to convince my parents to do a switch...we'll move into their house, they can move into the condo, and all will be right with the world. Hey, you never know! My mom keeps saying we should go into business together...I might just have to take her up on that.

lisaroy  – (October 6, 2010 at 8:17 AM)  

what a fantastic home - so chic! ok, my parents' house doesn't come anywhere near this! I think they're stuck in 1980! :)

Milk and Honey Home  – (October 6, 2010 at 8:43 AM)  

how amazing!!!! Know wonder you got it, girl (this reminds me of your home) How fun to grow up around that creativity.

sfgirlbybay  – (October 6, 2010 at 9:45 AM)  

so pretty, erika! thanks for sharing it with us. :)

Unknown  – (October 6, 2010 at 10:16 AM)  

And the thing about this beautiful place? It's warm and inviting too! Just like the owners. This creation NEEDS to be in Phoenix H&G.

emilyhenderrson  – (October 6, 2010 at 11:26 PM)  

so awesome. i'm about to do a post about what i would design for god, yep, i just watched Glee's 'grilled cheesus' episode and i'm feeling inspired. therefore you will be linked a lot, because you have awesome white photoes.

Jen of MadeByGirl  – (October 7, 2010 at 12:00 AM)  

Erika, Hello! Thank you for sending this link to me....your so lucky to have grown up in such a lovely home...I wish I had even one pic of our first place with this much detail... :)))) Thank you!

Michelle  – (October 7, 2010 at 7:25 AM)  

Oh wowzas! now I can see where you get your style, so similar! I love the layering of textures, the subtle colours, the brick, the seating plan, so beautiful!

Betty has Gone Local!  – (October 8, 2010 at 2:32 PM)  

Your moms house has always been top notch! Love that house. I think we need to have another "cocktail--brunch there soon" love ya cup cake!

ZHENYA ZHURAVLYOVA  – (October 8, 2010 at 7:35 PM)  

мне нравится - просторный интереьер))

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP