More Stew?






Just came across a great set of pictures of the Edris house on Flickr taken by srk1941. In the video clip on marthastewart.com, they flashed this hilarious shot of Mrs. Edris at a costume party with my grandparents. (Nice hat, Nan.) Here are some before and after shots of the house, including the gorgeous pool and fabulous bar. Yep, that's where I mastered the art of the lemon twist.

In addition to the matchless view, I always loved the wooden ceilings and indoor planter and lights. My grandfather tried to bring the outdoors in whenever possible, and I swear it's one reason I feel so at home outside. Now seriously, let's talk about that hat...

Shay  – (January 23, 2010 at 1:43 PM)  

Hi,
I had to visit your blog after reading your story in the BYW thread.
We just returned from Palm Springs.Love the mid century style.I have had the fortunate experience of seeing a Steve Chase interior in the Vintage CC. Wow,was such a talent.
Love your blog...
Shay~Designer Junk Finder

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP