Weekly Whiteout

(image via Lev Livet Leende)

If my recent holiday vacation taught me anything, it's that I'm really great at sleeping. I mean, it's almost become an art. Sure, when I was a teenager I could sleep until noon on weekends and nobody would fault me, but now that I'm an "adult" well, it's a little hard to justify. While my husband and most of our friends wake before 8 on a Saturday to read the paper, feed their kids, run errands, or whatever it is responsible people do so early in the a.m., you will find me happily snoozing away. I believe our bedrooms should be our sanctuaries, so I've gone to great lengths to make ours the most inviting, comfortable room in the house. Stylist Johanne Riss' room, however, puts our room to shame. I'm pretty convinced that if I retreated here every night, well friends, let's just say some kind of intervention would be in order.

The floor-to-ceiling drapes in lieu of any doors are brilliant, somehow the chair looks as comfortable as the dreamy bed, and the lighting, ohhhhh, the lighting. I'm mildly obsessed with lighting these days and this column is wondrous. By Isabelle Farahnick, Mobile 01 is available at Fat Galerie. It's made of ceramic, and apparently unicorn tears. Amazing.

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life  – (January 5, 2010 at 2:50 PM)  

Lighting is so important! My brother and I have huge aversions to overhead lighting!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP