Woodworking

I love natural elements in a home. As mentioned earlier, I’m a softie for fresh flowers, but I’m also really drawn to succulents, interesting stones, and wood. In fact, I have a huge glass jar filled only with driftwood just because I love the texture. I also love that West Elm and I are seeing eye to eye on this matter. Their new Teak Wood Root is not only beautiful, but affordable as well, and I like how they’ve styled this shoot to feature it on a stack of books. Oh, books as art...also great. But that's a story for a different day.

(linen trays from Brook Farm General Store, mercer flats from Marais, image via Visual-Notes, brooke medium glass/metal canister via Haus Interior, teak wood root from West Elm, print by Lacey Terrell via 20x200)

Clair  – (January 27, 2010 at 6:43 PM)  

I love succulents but, unfortunately, I am less nurturing than a desert and kill even the hardiest of house plants!

I think it's important to have natural elements in a home. It's a connection, especially in the dullest winter months.

Looking forward to opening door and windows soon!

Heart Charlie  – (January 30, 2010 at 12:35 PM)  

Oooh I love Marais!! I also love the combo of the teak wood with the clean white walls, great little vignette ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP