Frugal Fridays - Teak it Down a Notch


I know we all struggle with Ikea. Most days we equate its furnishings with college dorms, Craigslist, and our first apartments. (Ahem, studios.) But, truth be told, I LOVE me some Ikea. Just when I think I've graduated to higher-end design sources, the clean lines, simple design and low prices suck me right back in. And today's post illustrates why. The set may not be "grown-up" and it may not be teak, but I'd still rock it. That's right Ikea haters, no shame in my game!

P.S. Just think, with the money I'd save not giving in to Restoration Hardware's advances, I can still get my teak fix...during my first-class, five-star, 14-day trip to Thailand. Thank you.

Janet  – (March 27, 2010 at 5:55 AM)  

I love Ikea! Even if you have a more traditional taste there is always some great bargain you can work in anywhere.

Excellent bargin post.

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life  – (March 29, 2010 at 6:46 AM)  

I had no idea that ikea did outdoor furniture (why would I be surprised though?) You nailed it, ikea reminds me of my first apartment that was done up in ALL ikea but I agree that some of their stuff is still the best, my mattress for example is BEYOND comfy!

Thanks for the sweet comment the other day!

Patty  – (March 29, 2010 at 12:35 PM)  

I have definitely gone to IKEA and spent the entire day wandering the (carefully selected) aisles and just seeing all the stuff makes me so happy ;)

Unknown  – (March 29, 2010 at 7:58 PM)  

Are we going to Thailand for research on our nail salon? Yippie!!! Ikea is a style rich-poor womans mecca. If you don't know, you don't know...

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP