Cozy Up to Chic

I think a big misconception is that great style can’t be comfy. There are many people who believe a beautifully designed house will never truly be “lived in” and associate home décor with a sofa covered in plastic. The horror. I, on the other hand, feel the MOST beautiful homes are quite the opposite. They are the ones where you can put your feet up on the coffee table (maybe sans shoes, but still), or sit at the kitchen counter and laugh about your day. I believe homes need energy and life in order to really radiate – no matter how gorgeous the items inside! I wish I could jump inside today’s board, curl up in front of the fireplace (it's portable, by the way), and read all 10,000 books. I don’t know about you, but that house looks pretty stylish to me, and I suspect I’d be pretty comfortable there.

(dew drop coffee spoons and reef knot mug from Anthropologie, image frome Home Sweet Home, rattan pouf from Urban Outfitters, cashmere throw from White Home, portable fireplace from Fredrik Hylten-Cavallius via Decor8, genevalab sound speaker, medium, from Huset, velvet lined slippers from Toast)

Clair  – (December 11, 2009 at 12:01 PM)  

Ugh. Just had a flashback to when we had a rubbery floor runner. Oh, the horror! It was at my parent's home - and they still have carpet in the bathroom!

Thankfully, I'm with you. Dreaming of lush interiors that feel every bit as good as they look.

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life  – (December 15, 2009 at 10:16 AM)  

OMG, that built in bookcase is hands down the best I've ever seen!!! Amazing!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP