Fashion Forward - Beautiful in Black and White

My aunt who lives in Stockholm has an incredible black velvet chandelier hanging in her living room. I was 15 the first time I noticed it and have coveted it (blatantly) ever since. She’s an artist, and the fixture is an ideal representation of her daring creativity, great fashion sense and eclectic personality. Though the chandelier may seem out of place in my predominately white abode, I can say with absolute certainty that I would just make it work. You got that Aunt Ulla? I would make it work! I mean, in the event that you’d ever like to let me “borrow” it. I’m just sayin’.

Don't forget to check out all the great Fashion Forward posts at Paper Pocket today!

(black porcelain chandelier at Pieces, photo via Maggy Moon Interiors, vino wine glasses from Crate and Barrel, eternity band by bmjnyc on Etsy, modern herringbone blanket at Ortolan, photography by Bonnie Tsang via Snippet and Ink)

Emily  – (December 7, 2009 at 11:14 AM)  

So elegant...I wish I had all of these pieces.

Elizabeth Bramwell  – (December 7, 2009 at 11:52 AM)  

i am loving that bedding, it'd look sooo fab in my bedroom. as would the chandelir. and the shoes.

did i mention our house is painted white?

Crafty Habit  – (December 7, 2009 at 12:40 PM)  

I agree with Emily. I really like the duvet ;)

Clair  – (December 7, 2009 at 1:55 PM)  

You know that I've always loved your interiors sets, but throwing in a pair of shoes as well? That's just pure genius!

Oh, and Aunt Ulla has fabulous taste - definitely a lady to steal (inspiration) from :)

Mae  – (December 7, 2009 at 4:43 PM)  

Ah, how I love back and white. :) Great post this week.

paperpocket  – (December 7, 2009 at 5:45 PM)  

oh the quilt is gorgeous. I'll be dreaming of it while i sleep tonight.I'll sign the petition for the borrowing of Aunt Ulla's chandlier!

Sorry about the hassle with my hosting post today. It will def be up on time next week!!

xoxo

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life  – (December 8, 2009 at 6:49 AM)  

OOOOH! This is def. one of my all time favorite collections! Love the duvet, the shoes, the glasses...

Unknown  – (December 8, 2009 at 1:45 PM)  

I LOVE those wine glasses. Gotta get me some of those babies.

Cheryl  – (December 8, 2009 at 6:51 PM)  

oo I love black and white so elegant, and that chandelier is to die for. Your Aunt has great taste

2 by Design  – (December 8, 2009 at 9:36 PM)  

Gemma, I love that your house is white like mine! We should compare notes. And Clair, don't you think the shoes just pull everything together?? Looooooove the ruffles.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP