Open Shelves? Open Book.

I LOVE the idea of open shelving in a kitchen. I repeat, “the idea” of it. The sad truth is I’m pretty sure the world doesn’t want to see my mismatched coffee mugs and embarrassingly adolescent cereal. But then, an image comes along like the one above and I find myself longing to take the doors off the hinges and let it all hang out! (So to speak.) Those moments of abandon usually last, oh, five minutes, before I’m somehow reminded of the level of dedication to organization required to pull off this look. And friends, let’s just say it’s a level I seem unable to attain. Sigh. One can dream.

(sofa by Moroso via Spagat, porcelain vase from Klein Reid, eclipse nesting tables and brazo floor lamp at Design Within Reach, pom pom throw by Calypso Celle, image via Decor8)

Unknown  – (December 2, 2009 at 4:58 PM)  

Agreed. But isn't what a pantry is for? The ugly truth of boullion cubes and oatmeal. I love that pom-pom throw. Pretty color.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BlogPatrol

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP